Here is a DELICIOUS bowl of flavors which will satisfy your hunger and give you the perfect nourishment for your body. Pretty simple to put together. The dressing I made for this recipe was so zesty, which takes this bowl a level up.
One of the best things about this bowl is that it has a variety of nutrient dense foods, which makes it so perfect in so many ways. It is plant-based but chicken, eggs, beef or salmon can be added as well.
Here’s what you’ll need
One cup cooked quinoa
Half of medium sized red & green bell pepper
Half of yellow squash
1 cup boiled garbanzo beans
1-2 cups spring mix salad ( tear the leaves)
1-2 cups arugula
Olives, pomegranate seeds & tomatoes for garnish
1. Start by grilling or sauté the vegetables until half cooked. You don’t want to overcook.
2. Set aside when done to cool at room temperature.
3. Add the spring mix & arugula to a bowl
4. Add the garbanzo beans
5. Add the grilled veggies
6. Add the cooked quinoa, olives, pomegranate seeds & tomatoes
7. Garnish with a few dill leaves & set aside
FOR THE DRESSING
Add 2 tbsp tahini, 1 tbsp olive oil, juice of one large lemon & salt/black pepper to a bowl
Whisk nicely till you get a thick & creamy consistency
Drizzle over the veggies in the bowl
Mix it all up till everything is coated with the dressing, then it’s ready to savor!